Building an Inclusive, Equitable Community
ArtsWave’s sector-wide Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Access plan, "Lifting as We Learn," calls for increased resources for Black and Brown arts; diversification of boards, staff, vendors and audiences across the arts sector; and increased support for local independent artists. We're holding ourselves and arts partners accountable by taking stock annually of key performance indicators and metrics.
Milestones for "Lifting as We Learn" include:
• Building the region’s largest funding mechanisms for Black arts, offering annual support and services for local, Black-led organizations and Black and Brown artists.
• Showcasing and publicizing commissions of new work by Black and Brown artists each summer.
• Coalescing culturally curious audiences by bringing leading national Black artists to Cincinnati through Flow, an African American Arts Experience.
• Calling on the region’s 30 largest arts organizations to develop and track their own board-approved DEIA plans.
• Offering board training and matching through Boardway Bound.
• Convening arts professionals of color to create supportive new networks.
• Providing ongoing professional development and DEIA training for arts sector personnel and board members.