ArtsWave YP Resource Center
Thank you for your interest in helping grow the number of young professionals supporting ArtsWave! Our goal is to spread the word about ArtsWave, share the message of why the arts are important for YPs in our region, help engage YPs with local arts, and of course encourage them to consider a contribution to ArtsWave as a YP donor! And remember the number one rule: to opt in as an ArtsWave YP donor, simply CHECK THE YP BOX when making your gift!
The best way to start is by reviewing our ArtsWave YP Engagement Checklist! Follow that, and we guarantee you will be able to successfully engage YPs with the ArtsWave campaign.
Aside from that, we have several resources below to review. Use the links to jump to the relevant resource!
The most important thing you can do is to spread the message about how easy it is to be an ArtsWave YP donor. All you have to do is check the YP box when making your gift!
• Whether your workplace runs a campaign or you're encouraging people to give directly through our website, the most important thing is to remind people to check the YP box when making their gift! This will ensure they are counted as a YP and will also designate a portion of their gift to support our YP Grant program.
• If your workplace runs an ArtsWave campaign, consider sending out a message tailored to your YP employees. Feel free to use these email templates and adjust however you like. You can also make use of the "Check the Box" graphic below and include in your messages!
• Share all the great ArtsWave YP events, as well as events from our YP grant recipients. See the events section below for info and links.
• Include information about ArtsWave's amazing donor benefits to encourage people to give!
To supplement your campaign communications, consider organizing engagement events! Here are some resources and ideas to get you started:
• Request an arts speaker to come address your YP group through our Speaker Request Form. Speakers are from arts organizations all throughout our region and are extremely impactful.
• Book an in-person or virtual performance/experience through ArtsWave Artist @ Your Meeting! Performances are customizable and all art forms are available to fit you and your team.
• Get competitive and have some fun with ArtsWave Trivia or the ArtsWave Puzzle Crawl! Both can be done in-person or virtually.
• Flex your creativity and come up with your own event! We've seen companies use happy hours, cook-offs, arts and crafts contests, karaoke competitions, movie trivia and more. Reach out to ArtsWave if you want to brainstorm ideas!
• Make use of existing ArtsWave YP events by getting a group together to attend. See the Events section directly below for more information.
If you want to spread the message about ArtsWave YP by getting co-workers or friends together for a post-work or weekend outing, look no further! Check out the options below.
ArtsWave YP Events
ArtsWave puts on events throughout our campaign season for existing and potential YP donors.Take a look at what's in store for this season!
ArtsWave YP at Ensemble Theatre, February 27
Join ArtsWave YP Monday February 27 for our first event of 2023 at Ensemble Theatre! This unique event will feature backstage tours of the scene and paint shops; a panel Q&A with local arts professionals; food drink and networking, and more! See the link above for more details.
ArtsWave YP Streetcar Pub Crawl, May 13
ArtsWave YP launched the region's first streetcar-based pub crawl last year - it was such a success that we are bringing it back for 2023! Using the ArtsWave branded streetcars as transport, we made our way to bars throughout downtown and OTR and enjoyed local performers along the way, including Revolution Dance, CSO, Pones, and more! Check back soon for information on this year's iteration, including the date and participating bars and artists/performers. In the meantime, check out the photos from last year's crawl here.
ArtsWave YP Grant Recipient Events
Our ArtsWave YP grant recipient arts organizations put on great events of their own. See below for descriptions and go check one out!
Cincinnati Opera: Center Stage
Cincinnati Opera Center Stage is dynamic group of young professionals ages 40 and under who seek to meet fellow opera fans, learn more about opera through social events, and celebrate the arts in Cincinnati. Check out their various series such as Singers & Spirits, Opera & Wellness, and their popular Opera is a Drag event!
Cincinnati Shakespeare Company: YP Preview Nights
The Cincy Shakes YP Preview Night provides area young professionals with a mid-week outing and a chance to relax and enjoy art — a necessary moment of self-care in today's hustle culture. YP Preview Night occurs on the night of the final dress rehearsal of each Mainstage show. After the show, participants get the chance to chat with members of the CSC Artistic Team!
Ensemble Theatre Cincinnati: Show Up!
With Show Up!, Young Professionals in the community gather, read and discuss theatrical works whose topics align with the theater's mission to produce socially conscious work and uplift voices that should be heard. The series provides a welcoming, safe group to discuss themes and issues found in art and society.
Young Professionals Choral Collective
YPCC is an innovative choral ensemble that combines Cincinnati's love of singing, socializing, and culture for young professionals ages 21-45. Comprised of more than 1,200 singers, the ensemble brings together young, energetic people to create quality choral music and connect in a fun and low-pressure environment. Attend one of their concerts or consider signing up yourself as a singer - no auditions required!
ArtsWave has several campaign impact videos, including the one below that highlights how Cincinnati arts organizations are engaging YPs. Sharing these videos within your networks is another great way to get out the word about ArtsWave.
Access our full impact video library here.
Find Out What's Happening
Follow ArtsWave on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and TikTok to see the impact of our amazing arts: enlivening our neighborhoods, fueling creativity and learning, connecting our community and helping to put Cincinnati on the map. Build your arts calendar at artswave.org/guide!
Share the Love
Like and share posts that show why you support ArtsWave. Share photos and videos of your campaign, or of arts in our community. Share updates from ArtsWave or our partner organizations so your networks see how the arts connect us all.
Join the Conversation
Comment on posts to connect with other people who know how the arts can benefit our community. Be sure to tag ArtsWave and use hashtags like those listed below!
To engage YPs: #ArtsWaveYP
When using ArtsWave discounts: #ArtsWavePass
At ArtsWave events: #CincyJams, #ArtsWave YP